As we know, 4K is the biggest thing in TV nowadays — literally. The format offers resolution four times bigger than HDTV, and is designed especially for large screen-size TVs. 4K TVs with screens as large as 85 inches will give you ultra luxury video experience. Do you want to convert your Blu-ray collection for 4K TV, like Samsung UHD 4K Smart TV, Panasonic 4K OLED TV, LG 84LM9600 4K TV, etc.? Here, let’s tell you how to rip Blu-ray to Western Digital 2.5” external hard disc for 4K Smart TV then you don’t need to stream Blu-ray on your 4K TV with 4K Blu-ray Player.
You can search for a Blu-ray Backup tool from Google to help you backup Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive for 4K TV. From my Blu-ray ripping experience, I like using Pavtube ByteCopy to rip and copy Blu-ray. It has rich features to fulfill all my requirements:
- It convert Blu-ray to MP4, AVI, WMV for 4K TV streaming via WD devices.
- It copy Blu-ray to H.265 4K video for 4K TV supporting HEVC codec.
- It can copy Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive with two methods: Full Disc Copy and Copy Main Title according to your choice.
- It enables you to rip and backup Blu-ray to any other format like H.265, M3U8, MP4, AVI, MOV, M4V, FLV, FLAC, OGG, etc to adapt to various media streamers like iPad, iPhone, PS4.
- It can rip Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive for 4K TV in lossless MKV with multiple audio tracks, subtitle streams and chapter markers.
- User-friendly way it works for non-IT savvy people like me is easy to operate.
- Its reasonably price makes me would like to invest.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
How to Backup Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive for 4K TV for viewing?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movies
Insert the disc into the drive and run the program. Click disc button to add the Blu-ray movie to the app. You can preview the movie in the main interface.
Step 2: Choose 4K TV format
Select the optimized video format for output. You are suggested to choose MP4 which is the most compatible format. Also, you can select the optimized TV format from “TVS” profile. Read the manual list, If your 4K TV supports h.265 codec, you can choose H.265 MP4, from “HD Video” profile since normal 4K is encoded by H.265.
Tip: If you also want to play this 4K Blu-ray on other HD TV via WD external hard drive, you can compress 4K Blu-ray to 1080p during the ripping process. Open “Settings” window, in size box of video, input 1920×1080.
Step 3: Start backing up Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive for 4K TV
Click right-bottom “Convert” button on the main interface to start the conversion process. When it finishes, open the output folder to find the generated file.
After you backing up Blu-ray to WD 2.5" External Hard Drive, you can enjoy them on your Samsung 4K TV, Sony 4K TV, LG 4K TV, Panasonic 4K TV in free time. And you needn’t worry that your normal Blu-ray player can’t stream the newest 4K Blu-ray.