You may be surprised to find that you unexpectedly can’t play MP4 files on your Samsung TV. Perhaps, you thought that MP4 is the most compatible format video that few media players and devices can’t play it. But it did happen.
“I just made some mp4 files with my phone. Put them on Stora and browsed to the folder with TWO TVs. A Samsung and an Aquos. The Aquos said, “Data not available”. The Samsung doesn’t show any files.”
“I bought a show from Jim Gaffigan (coming) which is download-only, MP4 format. Plays just fine .. except on my Samsung Smart TV. Apparently it only supports specific format(s) of MP4 files. This is the only one I have that it won’t play however.”
Search “MP4 to Samsung TV”, you still can watch many other cases about MP4 playback issue on Samsung TV. So why your Samsung TV can’t play your MP4 files? From Samsung official website, we clearly know that Samsung TV is only compatible with MP4 in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec. However, in fact MP4 contains various kinds of video and audio codecs. Once the MP4 files can’t meet the requirement of Samsung TV input format, you’ll get into trouble to play MP4 in Samsung TV.
* MP4 Video content will not play, or not play correctly on Samsung TV, if there is an error in the content or the container.
* If the Index Table is in error, the Seek (Jump) function is not supported.
* When you play MP4 video on Samsung TV over a network connection, the video may not be played smoothly.
* Some USB/digital camera devices may not be compatible with the player.
To solve “Samsung TV not playing MP4” issue, a widely recommended solution is convert MP4 to Samsung TV more compatible MP4 format. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (Mac version)is just the right MP4 to Samsung TV Converter which can fast and batch convert MP4 to Samsung TV format on Mac or Windows.
Key Features of MP4 to Samsung TV Converter
- Convert between 200+ media formats at fastest conversion speed.
- Optimized presets for converting MP4 (and MKV/AVI/H.265/MPEG/MOV/WMV/AVCHD, etc) to Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, 3D TV, 4K TV, etc.
- Personalize video with classic editing features, like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, etc.
- Supported: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Free Download MP4 to Samsung TV:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Steps to Convert MP4 to Samsung TV Supported Format
Step 1. Import MP4 files.
Drag & drop MP4 files to the program directly. Or go to the “File” menu, choose “Add Video” to locate the MP4 files you want to add. You can add several files to do batch conversion.
Tip: Freely select the subtitles for you MP4 movies from the “Subtitles” option. Thus, you can watch MP4 on Samsung TV via USB Port with Subtitle.
Step 2: Set Output video format for Samsung TV.
Click the drop-down button on the right side of the “Format” to select “MP4” from “Format > HD H.264 Vdieo (mp4)” Category, Which is suitable for Samsung TV and also for USB Port. Or you can choose Samsung TV preset from TV profile.
Tip: Click “Settings” button, then you are able to adjust all the settings in the following window to customize the output file quality, including codec, size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel.
Step 3: Start converting MP4 video to Samsung TV.
After the above steps are done, you can click “Convert” button to convert your MP4 Video to Samsung TV comfortable MP4 format. Easy operation and faster conversion speed, these two are the most outstanding points of this Samsung TV video converter.
Once the conversion is done, simply go to the “Destination” to find the converted MP4 files and then you can watch them on Samsung TV via USB, DLNA, WLAN smoothly. Why don’t give this powerful tool a try today?