With the popularity of TiVo in the world, more and more people use it to record TV shows that match their interests by title, actor, director, category, or keyword. After recording finished, some users may also want to watch TiVo movies on the new Apple TV 4 with their friends and family at home.
Unfortunately, from TiVo official website you will learn that TiVo videos are protected, you will need to enter TiVo key before converting or playing them and since the format of TiVo recordings can not be supported by Apple TV 4, you need to end up the incompatibility.
To complete the task, you can use the Tivo to Apple TV encoding application. Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac can be your ideal choice to convert both common Tivo recordings but also digital copy protected Tivo files to Apple TV 4 supported formats on Mac like MP4, MPEG4, etc with high definition quality. It also can output H.265, M3U8, MKV, AVI,etc for your other multimedia players. (review).
- Free download and install
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Step-by-Step to Convert Tivo to Apple TV 4 Suitable Format on Mac
Step 1: Enter Media Access Key for Tivo files
Click the “Tools” icon on the top tool bar to open “Options” window, click the “Tivo” tab, enter the “Media Access Key” in the Tivo Settings window, then click “OK” button. And you can find it by logging into your Tivo account at Tivo and clicking the “Media Access Key” link on the right side of the screen.
Step 2: Import Tivo files to the program.
After enter the Tivo files Media Access Key, click “File” menu, from its drop-down selection, choose “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from folder” to import source Tivo files to the program.
Step 3. Choose output format and folder
Hit the menu bar of “Format”, choose “Apple TV” category and find the optimal video format for Apple TV 3. “Apple TV 3 1080P Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v)” is recommended here.
1. When you choose “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” as output, an AC-3 encoded audio track will also be included for Apple TV 4 to Pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (also know as AC3 5.1), so that it will work in surround sound when Apple TV 4 is connected to audio receiver, and in stereo when Apple TV 4 is connected with TV only. And note only when your movie has 5.1 channel, you will get the real 5.1 surround sound effect.
2. Generally, if you choose the optimized format for Apple TV 4 from the “Apple TV” file, you don’t need to change the video and audio parameters again. But if you have special demand, you can click the “Settings” icon and go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel here.
Step 4: Start TiVo to Apple TV 4 conversion on Mac
Click the “Start Conversion” button to start the conversion. Once finished, you can get the output files for your Apple TV 4 via clicking on Open button effortlessly.
Afterwards, connect Apple TV 4 to Mac, and then sync video files to Apple TV 4 via iTunes.Additional tip:
Once you’ve recorded your favorite shows on your TiVo box, you can transfer them to your Mac with certain software as long as your TiVo box is connected to your home network. Although the TiVo Desktop software for the Mac (supplied by TiVo) does not allow user to transfer TiVo recordings to Mac, there are other freeware can accomplish this task, like the TiVoDecode Manager.
Run the app, enter your TiVo’s IP address in the TiVo IP Address box. Next click the Prefs button in the lower-right corner. Fill in the Media Access Key. A list of shows on your TiVo will appear in the Now Playing list. Select the show and click Add Show To Queue. The selected show now appears in the Download Queue list. Click Download Location to select where you want to save it. The app allows you to convert TiVo shows to MPEG-4 video for iPod. Of course you can play these TiVo shows with QuickTime Player.
See, it is so easy to play TiVo on Apple TV 4 with the help of Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.
- Play H.265, Tivo, AVI, WMV, VOB on iPhone 6S (Plus)
- Play Tivo Files on Sony Blu-ray Players
Solution to Make Amazon Fire TV Play MKV
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to LG TV With 2D Effect
- Rip DVD to Smart TV With Suitable Format
- Tutorial About Streaming ISO File on LG TV via Plex