Some people tend to play video on Philips TV via USB. But each TV has its own USB compatible video format and codec including Philips TV. So MKV will be a trouble for Philips TV cause some Philips TV models don’t support MKV video playback via USB like the below question:
I got myself Philips 32PFL5404H which has MPG-4 support via USB. Has been in contact with Phillips and got the following info on file support for this TV:
No I am wondering what is the easiest way to convert MKV file to 720p HD MP4 at best possible ratio (size/quality).
Thanks for help in advance.”
Below is Philips TV 5000 Series USB compatible Container, Video Codec and Audio Codec
From the chart above, we can learn that Philips TV doesn’t support to play MKV via USB in some models. To fix these problems, the effective and simple way is to change MKV to a fully compatible format with Philips TV. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, as the best Philips TV converter, is winning more and more credits and public praises.
This video converter app helps you fast convert MKV to Philips TV more friendly format i.e. H.24 MP4 while keeping the original quality. Besides MKV, the program can also transcode MTS, MPG, FLV, XAVC, MOV, AVI, TiVo, H.265/HEVC and more videos to optimized preset profiles for Samsung TV, LG TV, Vizio TV, Sony TV, Panasonic TV and some media players including iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc to meet your different needs. If you are a Mac user, please turn to Pavtube iMedia Converter for mac (macOS Sierra included), which has the same function as the Windows version.
Note: Now, Pavtube Studio is wowing holiday shoppers with spectacular Christmas gifts: 20% off digital coupons for Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate supporting lifetime free upgrade have been dished out. You have enough time to consider it about cause the Christmas Promotion and Year-End Deal will go along with from today to Feb 6, 2017. Now download the right program and follow the guide below to start encoding/re-encoding MKV files to H.264 MP4 for Philips TV.
How to Convert MKV to MP4 for Philips TV Playback?
Step 1. Import MKV videos
Run the Philips TV Video Converter and then directly drag and drop the MKV videos to the program. Batch conversion is supported so you can add multiple files to convert at a time.
Step 2. Pick output format for Philips TV
After importing MP4 files into the app, you need to select an output format that is compatible with Philips TV. Open the "Format" list on the right and click "HD Video >HD MP4 ". Check the supported video format and codec of your Philips TV. You also can choose DivX AVI, XviD AVI, etc.
Tip– Advanced settings: With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original video while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network. Simply click Settings bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Step 3. Start transcoding MKV to Philips TV
Click the Convert button at the bottom-right corner of the interface to convert the MKV file to your Philips TV. This Video Converter will finish the MKV to Philips TV conversion in just a few minutes.
With the above MKV to Philips TV Converter and step by step guide, it is just easy to solve the following issues encountered when play MKV on Philips TV:
- Watching .mkv files on a 40PFL9705- I have just purchased a 40PFL9705 and have connected my laptop to it via a wireless connection. I have several .mkv files on my laptop that I would like to watch on the TV but they don’t play (most of the files aren’t even recognised and the ones that are keep getting an error message "file format not supported".
- MKV support over USB on Philips Cinema Gold TV-I own a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) running firmware 14.80. I cannot play any single MKV file over USB. The TV gives an error message saying: "File cannot be read of found".
- How to play MKV file with DTS audio track? And how to switch tracks?-Hello guys. Is there any way I can make my Philips TV play MKV-video which has a DTS audio-track as a default one?
- Problem with MKV embedded subtitles in Smart LED TV 40PFL5007H-Hi,I recently bought a Philips 40PFL5007H (5000 series, 40 inches, no 3d) and everything is just great, nice TV. But I have a little probem with the mkv embedded subtitles, I can’t get them to work via DLNA neither via USB.
- MKV won’t play-I have a philips 40PFL5605H/12 and according to the manual it supports "MKV video (*.mkv): H.264" Yet, when I try to play a MKV movie on the TV it wont work. I get the error: "The file cannot be read" (translated from the Danish error message).